The average temperature in Grenada is 28 degrees Celsius, which is ideal for going to the Grand Etang National Park for a hike. Who knows? You might even spot iguanas, osprey and herons when you’re out and about.
It ranks #53 out of 152 on Speedtest, so again, the internet speed should be pretty decent.
The same could be said for the lower living costs. Numbeo has these figures:
- Three-course meal for two at mid-range restaurant: 215.62EC$ (£64.37)
- 1 litre regular milk: 5.02EC$ (£1.50)
- 500g loaf of fresh white bread: 4.07EC$ (£1.20)
- One-way ticket on public transport: 3.00EC$ (90p)
- Basics for an 85m2 flat: 471.95EC$ (£141) per month
- One-bedroom flat in city centre: 1,764.31EC$ (£527) per month
Traditional menus in Grenada feature bakes and fishcakes (fishcake sandwiched in fried bread); oil down (salted meat, callaloo, breadfruit, other vegetables steamed in coconut milk); and pelau (chicken, rice, peas, carrots, coconut milk and caramelised brown sugar). For afters, try nutmeg ice cream or a rum punch.
Speaking of which, Grenada is dubbed as Spice Island, rich in nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and vanilla. It also boasts a booming chocolate industry with boutique shops on the island.
The digital nomad visa
Name of visa: Remote Employment Act
Visa fee: The application fee for an individual is $1,500 (£1,200), and the application fee for an individual and up to three dependents is $2,000 (£1,620). It costs $1,400 (£1,135) to renew the visa and an extra $200 (£162) per dependent.
Length of stay: Up to one year
Can I extend my stay? Yes
- Provide evidence of a passport that is valid for the period for which the remote-work permit is intended to apply
- Provide proof of the grant or application for, a visa, if a visa is required
- Provide proof of a health insurance policy valid for the period for which the remote-work permit is intended to apply
- Provide a police certificate
Minimum salary: Provide proof of an actual annual income of not less than EC$100,000.00 (£30,000) generated outside of Grenada, and proof that the actual income is intended to continue for the period for which the remote-work permit is intended to apply
How to apply: Print out and fill this application form: http://gov.gd/index.php/documents/application-visa/viewdocument/88. Post it to:
1701 NEW HAMPSHIRE AVE., N.W.
FAX. (202) 265–2468 WASHINGTON, D.C. 20009
It will take ten days to process from date of receipt.