Serbia has a lot of great food and scenery. Visit Tara National Park and The Great War Island, then chow down on ćevapi (grilled meat), gibanica (egg and cheese pie made with filo dough), paprikaš (a soup made of paprika). Belgrade Fortress and St Sava Temple are also worth a visit.
There’s a lot of entrepreneurship in Serbia as the start-up costs are low. English is widely spoken too so it’ll be easier to communicate with entrepreneurially-minded people.
Name of visa: Temporary Residence
Length of stay: Up to one year
Can I extend my stay? No
• A valid personal or official passport
• Proof of means of subsistence during the planned temporary residence
• Registration of either short-term or residential address in the Republic of Serbia
• Proof of health insurance during the planned residence
• Proof of prescribed administrative fee payment
• Two photos (35x45mm, color, full face)
• Filled out application form
Minimum salary: At least $3,500 (£2,830) a month
How to apply: Apply online at http://www.mup.gov.rs/wps/portal/en/information/temporary+residence/temporary+residence