Namibia is rich in landscapes and wildlife, with decent roads, reliable internet connection and political stability. It also has well-maintained transport networks.
Hike the Fish River Canyon, go hot air ballooning or go to the rolling sand dunes on the Sandwich Harbour. Etosha National Park Twyfelfontain has been a UNESCO world heritage site since 2007 and is a cracking spot for wildlife. NamibRand National Park, meanwhile, is better for stargazing. Be careful when driving at night as animals cross the road.
Winter is from May-October and sits between 7-21C; Summer is November – April at 18-31C.
English is the most widely spoken language in business, alongside German and Afrikaans.
Local dishes include oshithima (maize or mahangu pap), biltong and mopane worms.
A meal for two at moderate restaurant costs 623.65 N$ (£26.50). A loaf of fresh white bread costs 12.86 N$ (54p) and one litre of milk is 21.21 N$ (90p).
The basics (electricity, heat, cooling, water) cost 1,421.16N$ per month (£60.32) and the monthly fee at a fitness club is 641.67 N$ (£27).
Name of visa: Namibia Digital Nomad Visa
Visa fee: $124 (£102)
Length of visa: Six months
Can I extend my visa? No
- Complete visa application form signed by applicant
- Medical certificate
- Radiological Report
- Certified copy of passport
- Medical insurance and/or travel insurance
- Letter from NIPDB (letter to be submitted directly by NIPDB to MHAISS with application forms and supporting documents)
- Proof of income/funds such as payslips or employment contract
- Six months’ worth of bank statements
- Supporting letter from employer
- Application fee of N$200 required on approval
- Copies of qualifications
- Certified copy of police criminal record check
Minimum salary: A minimum $2,000 (£1,658) per month as an individual plus another $1,000 (£829) per month for an accompanying spouse plus $500 (£414.59) per accompanying child per month – so $4,000 (£3,316) per month for a family of four
How to apply:
- Complete visa application form. The three forms you need to fill out are the visa application form, medical certificate and radiological report
- Submit your application forms and accompanying documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once approved, a further $62 (£51.40) fee for processing the visa will be payable on entering the country