The island of Mahe is home to most of the population of the Seychelles. The wet season runs from May-October and dry season is from November-April.
Seychelles has many, many beaches. If you prefer being on firmer land, hike the Copolia Trail instead. Valee de Mai palm forest is also worth a look.
Tour the SeyTe tea factory or for something a bit stronger, go to the Takamaka rum distillery. Spend an afternoon in Victoria – one of the smallest capital cities in the world – and go to the Sir Selwyn Clarke market for seafood, tropical fruit and sarongs.
A three-course meal for two at mid-range restaurant costs €60 (£53). As for groceries, a loaf of fresh white bread will set you back by €1.43 (£1.22) and one litre of milk is €1.77 (£1.50).
According to Numbeo, basics (electricity, etc.) for a 85m2 apartment is €82.06 (£70) per month. A fitness club membership costs €73.81 (£63) per month and a one way ticket on local transport is €0.82 (70p).
The cuisine is Creole and features a soup called bouillon bread and carrote banana, a banana flavoured with honey and vanilla and enclosed within banana leaves. To wash it down, there’s Kalou, a fermented wine from coconut trees and citronelle, a tea with lemongrass.
You can use your driving licence for up to three months, then you’d have to get a Seychelles licence.
Name of visa: Visitors Workcation Permit
Visa fee: €45 (£39.62)
Length of visa: One year
Can I extend my visa? No
- Passport valid for at least six months
- Letter of employment or recent bank statements if you are self-employed
- Certificate of good standing
- Recent bank statements
- Proof of accommodation
- Onward or return air ticket
- Health insurance
- Negative COVID-19 PCR test
Minimum salary: N/A
How to apply?
- Send your application online here
- Apply for the Health Travel Authorization. Once your VWP application has been approved, you must apply for the Health Travel Authorization (HTA), which is required to enter the country
- Pay the €45 (£39.62) application fee
- Receive the approved HTA document, which will include your ID number and a colour code in amber